Friday, January 14, 2011

How to use AllShare on Samsung Galaxy S

Finally got time to find, how to view media content from my home computer on my phone. After testing a few softwares I have zeroed in on TVMOBiLi server. Its free and awesome. It does what it says.

What and Why I Liked it:

  1. Is Cross Platform (Windows / Mac / Linux)....So I am not bound to a platform
  2. Its NOT Java...Now I know how it is so fast and light!!!
  3. Web Interface
  4. External Access
  5. Share with Friends
  6. Very fast transfers and lag-less buffering.

What I dont like:

  1. No ability to remove the default folders
  2. The web interface design is not very appealing (Too many bright colors and hues...looks 90's)
  3. On Galaxy S only the first 6 items show up in the contents....However the Dev Forum at TVMOBiLi reports that it has fixed this problem in a developer build and is soon going to publish it. Would update when I get it

Posted via email from Abhishek Dev

No comments: